The attic is a place dedicate to share my passion :costuming and sewing.I'm not a professional or expert seamstress,only the mother of young kids who love sewing.You won't find 100% historical costume,museum replica, perfection or extreme thing here.

I believe everyone who bring some goodwill can sew and enjoy it.The attic is an unpretentious place .I show my work, information and hope it could somehow inspired you.Feel free to leave comment or share idea.Be welcome and visit as much as you want.
















mercredi 3 octobre 2012

The costume for my son

Every year I went to the medieval festival in september mostly because of the joust.I like that and I stille hope if I win a million dollar I will do some.Exceptionally I didn't went to it this year for many reasons.It's an hour of driving , it will have cost 29$ for three of us to only enter on the site and you can't bring your own food and junk is the only option .With the bad mood of my honey even if I told him he could come without costume , it was too much.
 
We replace the festival by a visite to my honey's parents .They live at 2:15h of driving.We decided this at the last moment but just in case of , I make something for my son.
 
I used a blend linen , the one I talk in the previous post Tea for dye.I used simplicity 2561 .I make a double sleeves tunic and a pant.Yes it's a bit similar to what I've done for myself at my begining .My friend Gwenyver will remember easily the celtic tunic.This one have no special decoration.The leather belt cost + - 9,95 and is from The children place.It will last for a long time.
 
 
My son never wear it so I decided he will for halloween.I have some accessoiries I will add to make some kind of barbarian style.Pictures of it to come in november.

1 commentaire:

  1. Very cute! And I liked your Celtic LARP tunics.

    So, what are we doing for Samhain?

    RépondreSupprimer